It is with great pleasure that Seattle Swedish Community Scholarships extends this invitation to all eligible high school seniors in King County to submit applications for the following awards for the year 2013:
- Bert Hagg Awards #1 & 2—two awards for $3,500 each
- Erik Strand Awards #1, 2, 3, & 4—four awards for $3,500 each
- Fern and Sven Halgren Award—one award for $3,500
- Josef Oscarsson Award—one award for $1,500
Criteria and procedures:
- Must be a high school senior, attend high school in King County, and reside in King County, Washington.
- Must submit completed application, transcript, ACT or SAT score, and information about family income (include a copy of pp. 1–2 of 2011 income tax statement), and a self-addressed, stamped envelope in order to receive notification of results.
- Finalists must be available for a personal interview, to be held on the date indicated below.
Finalists will be selected on the following basis:
- The candidate’s high school record.
- ACT or SAT score.
- Financial assessment.
- Leadership and community service.
Applications are available at the high schools and from Seattle Swedish Community Scholarships, and must be received through U.S. mail no later than March 31, 2013. Download an application, or contact:
Phone: 206-367-8750 Seattle Swedish Community Scholarships
P.O. Box 77313
Bitter Lake Station
Seattle, WA 98177
The Swedish Cultural Center is not the sponsor or administrator of this scholarship program. We appreciate your cooperation in communicating directly with the Seattle Swedish Community Scholarships. Thank you.